Visas for British overseas territories from Pakistan
This page explains how you can apply for a visa if you want to travel from Pakistan to some British overseas territories. Our visa application centres in Pakistan accept visa applications on behalf of the following countries:
- Ascension Island
- British Virgin Islands
- Cayman Islands
- Falkland Islands
- Pitcairn, Henderson, Ducie and Oeno Islands
- St Helena
- South Georgia and Sandwich Islands (SGSSI)
- Tristan da Cunha
- Turks and Caicos Islands
If you want to travel to a country that is not on the list above, you must contact that country's nearest embassy or diplomatic post to find out whether and how you need to apply for a visa. If you want to travel to St Kitts and Nevis, you can apply for a visa online at the St Kitts and Nevis website.
Before you apply
Before you apply, you must:
- prepare your supporting documents - you will need to provide all the necessary supporting documents for your application;
- check the visa application fee. We charge a fee for handling applications on behalf of other countries and we may also charge a forwarding fee if we have to refer your visa application to the country to make a decision.
How to apply
If travelling to a British overseas territory, you must complete and submit a visa application form. You can print out the form and complete it by hand.
You can find the relevant form on the right side of this page.
Paying your visa application fee
You can pay your visa application fee by Demand Draft payable to the "British High Commission, Islamabad" or a cash payment (Rs) at the bank counter when you attend your appointment at a visa application centre.
If you do this, you should ensure that you get a receipt.
For some British overseas territories, visa applications may need to be referred to the territory you intend to visit. Where a visa application has to be referred to a British overseas territory for a decision, an additional fee is charged. Any referral fees must be paid in cash at the visa application centre. In cases of referral, the waiting period for approval may take up to 2 months or longer, depending on the country. The UK Border Agency cannot guarantee that the visas will be issued on time.
Visa application centre
To complete the application process, you must book an appointment at your nearest visa application centre. We advise you not to book your appointment until your application is prepared and ready for submission. You can book, reschedule or cancel an appointment by phoning our commercial partner, Gerry's. You can find their contact details on the Gerry's in Pakistan website. You will not be required to give your biometric data.
You must present your completed visa application form and supporting documents in person at the visa application centre in Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore or Mirpur. You will not be required to give your biometric data.
You cannot send your printed application form or supporting documents by post. You must come to the visa application centre in person, and bring all the necessary documents with you. If you pay your fee at the visa application centre, we will give you a receipt. We will not refund the fee if your application is unsuccessful. You can find the address of the visa application centre on the Gerry's in Pakistan website.
When you attend your appointment, you must bring:
- your completed visa application form, signed by you;
- your passport. You are not legally required to have 6 months validity on your passport at the time you apply for your visa. But your passport must be valid at the time you apply and at the time you arrive in the UK;
- 1 recent passport-sized (45mm x 35mm) colour photograph of your face, which meets the requirements set out in our photo guidance ; (PDF 326KB opens in a new window )
- the correct visa application fee; and
- any supporting documents that are relevant to your application and a photocopy of each document (including English translations) - the supporting documents page contains more information.
If your application needs to be referred, you may have to wait 2 months or longer (depending on the country) for a decision on your visa application. We cannot guarantee that your visa will be issued by the date you request.
If you require more information about visas for the above British overseas territories, please contact Gerry's call centre. You can find their contact details on Gerry's in Pakistan website.
News & updates
- VAF8A Overseas TerritoriesPDF 140KBopens in a new window