Cost of applying
This page provides details of the application fee that you must pay when applying for British citizenship or right of abode.
Changes to British nationality applications made outside the UKFrom 16 July 2012 applicants outside the UK must send their application to the UK Border Agency in the UK. British Nationality regulations have changed the way applications made outside the UK are submitted and processed.
You must pay the full fee when you make your application. The fee will depend on the type of application that you are making. Our fees leaflet lists our fees for citizenship and right-of-abode applications, and a payment slip which you should send with your application form and fee.
You can find the fees leaflet under 'Related documents' on the right side of this page.
You can pay by cheque, credit card or debit card.
MORE NEWS AND UPDATES
- Immigration fees change on 6 April 2013
- Changes to the Immigration Rules - April 2013
- Revisions to the codes of practice for skilled migrant workers
- New immigration fees proposed
- Fees leaflet: applications for citizenship and right of abode received on or after 6 April 2013PDF 323KB opens in a new window